Covington, Washington

I waited months for Auburn Chevrolet to get the parts necessary to fulfill the oil leak and ignition switch parts for the GM recall.I had the recall service work done on 4/13/2016.

My vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Impala with 149k miles on it. During all this time I had no problems with my vehicle - UNTIL Chevrolet did this recall. GM is on it's 3rd go round of recalls to fix this issue with my vehicle. The last process that GM recommended was for the valve cover and gasket replaced.

But since 1,324 other cars still caught fire after this fix as done, they also recommended removing all the plastics under the hood that was close to the exhaust manifold. So when oil hit the manifold it would cause a slight fire that would go out easily as long as no plastic combustibles were close to it. Since Auburn Chevrolet did NOT follow this process the combustibles were there and caught fire when the oil from the valve cover hit the manifold and generated a fire. I was on freeway and saw smoke and pulled into a Safeway parking lot in Covington, Wa.

The car shut itself off and flames were coming from the middle-front of my vehicle. OMG, I still have nightmares that my baby was in the car with me and we blew up. This occurred on 4/22/2016. Now how could this NOT be Auburn Chevrolet's fault?

The General Manager Doug Bivens said in his 20 year expert. he never heard of cars catching fire, bull-1,324 of the 1.4million recalled cars did. Auburn Chevrolet and GM says I should have insurance to cover this issue. I'm disabled and I have insurance that is required for me to be legal, I can't afford full coverage.

And why should my insurance pay for it when they BLEW the repairs. We gave Mr Bivens 7 days to come up with a fix for this dilemma. Apparently he has no conscience and therefore customer satisfaction is NOT their priority.

HOW ON EARTH CAN THE BBB GIVE THIS COMPANY AN A+, GM HAS THE WORST RECORD FOR RECALLS OVER 29MILLION IN 2014 ALONE.DON'T BUY CHEVY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of being lied too and nor being dismissed. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "recall done caused fire" of auburn chevrolet car repair and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5000. Auburn Chevrolet needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned auburn chevrolet car repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Auburn Chevrolet.

Had an Experience with Auburn Chevrolet?

Comments

I have had 2 ASE certified mechanics take a look at the damaged vehicle and both said the fire started in the front area by the exhaust manifold and continued to burn along the path of the closest plastic materials.The pictures taken during the fire reflects just that.

Several other non experts also say it's easy to see what happened. NOW I need to get ahold of a fire investigator and pay his fees to get a certified report that Auburn Chevrolet is the responsible party for what took place. I shouldn't have to do this, Chevrolet is going to end up paying for their mistake, the issue will be how much. It was $5k and every time I have to do additional efforts it goes up by $1k.

It's now going to cost them $6k when I take them to small claims court. If I have to hire an attorney it will go up to $10k plus lawyer's fees. So it's in Auburn Chevrolet's best interest to resolve this issue sooner rather than later.

I've contacted Jesse Jones of Seattle KIRO News, and if I have to go on TV there's another $1k.If I have to go to the Attorney General and do a report that will be another $1k.